In Start with Your People: The Daily Decision that Changes Everything, author Brian Dixon shares how to find enjoyment and success at both work and home. And it’s all about putting people first. People over projects.
Each chapter provides practical tips to help change your mindset and nurture better relationships.
Ask yourself each morning and throughout the day, “What can I do to treat people like they matter?
I’m a stay at home mom and often struggle putting my to-do list above all else. I related to the chapter about kids. Brian shared how he felt frustrated because he wasn’t getting anything done. He reminds us that our children are a blessing not a hindrance to our life. They are our legacy.
“We can hit our goals but completely miss our people.”
“Your kids are looking to you, so your work, attitude, and habits matter. They’re learning habits and behavior from you.”
“Instead of a disadvantage, your children can become your production machines. Children force you to use your time to the highest efficiency because it’s so limited. What if you look at your limited capacity of just an hour or two of free time per day, likely after the kids are in bed, and you get your best work done?”
Part 2 of the book focuses on finding your purpose and your sweet spot in helping others. This quote made me really think about what I can do to help others:
“What’s obvious to you is magic to other people.”
Brian believes in including a team of people in his projects. He says, “People support what they help create.”
Fun Fact: I voted for this book cover in a poll Brian gave in a FB group. I was so excited when the book arrived because I felt like I was included in the process.
I thought this book was easy to read and filled with practical insights to help you succeed at work and home.
Discover the people-first mindset that changes everything, including:
- The #1 key to unlocking your powerful network (without being cheesy or fake)
- A 10-step method to create your own personal mission statement.
- Why your family actually helps you succeed at work, and how to see your kids as a legacy instead of a liability
- The counter-intuitive method to increase your income (without quitting your job)
- Little-known secrets to convert your under-performing team to a powerful dream team
- The fastest, safest way to deal with the difficult people in your life
- Plus 11 powerful mindset hacks including Brian’s life-changing morning practice